Senior Software Engineer | Oct 2016 - Present
- Led the development of both green and brown fields projects in NodeJS and ReactJS.
- Ran internal training sessions around new technologies and methods.
- Operated as the point of contact for clients, managing expectations as well as project delivery.
Software Engineer | Sep 2015 - Oct 2016
- Software Engineer, Domain Group Sep 2015 - Oct 2016
- Built and designed a fully automated ReactJS server-side rendering framework and microservice.
- Designed a NodeJS microsite framework to transition legacy applications to, which improved “time to first byte” by a significant margin.
- Acted as an informal coach, educating and training developers on the correct use of ReactJS and NodeJS.
Software Engineer | Jan 2015 - Sep 2015
- Developed the ReactJS and Web Component strategy for a greenfield project.
- Developed and architected microservices within a Service Oriented Architecture strategy.
Software Engineer | Feb 2014 - Jan 2015
- Upgraded and updated a legacy Ruby on Rails codebase.
- Built a set of microservices around data capture, enrichment and API provisioning.
- Managed a team of 5 developers through a rewrite.
- Developed greenfield projects targeting social interactions in existing markets.
- Organiser of the Reason Sydney meetup.
- Spoken at various conferences including: Yow! Lambda Jam, Strangeloop, Jsconf.au and DDDSydney.
- Frequent speaker at SydJS, React Sydney, Node Ninjas and other technical meetups.
Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) - UNSW, 2013
Major: Electrical Engineering.
Thesis Topic: Software-Defined Networking, Platform and Use Cases.